Sunday, March 27, 2005

Kasey has left the building

This past weekend I said goodbye to my wife for the next 5 months. I'll still be able to talk to her occasionally on the phone and we'll be writing letters and exchanging digital photos, but no direct contact with her until Mid-August in New Hampshire. We left Thursday night from Denver (where it was snowing) and drove through the night all the way to Columbia, MO. There we met my parents, got some breakfast/lunch and then I said goodbye. It was much more difficult than I thought it would be, but I put on tough act because I knew she was nervous about the trip and I didn't want her to worry about me. I immediately went to find a place to run so that I could clear my mind. You can read about that experience soon on my blog "Tales from Rocky Mountain Trails". The hardest part was when I finally arrived home Saturday evening. I'm used to looking for the other car to see if she is home. I realized that this doesn't hold true any longer and I'll always be coming home to an empty home. I think that I'm going to move the other car so that I don't see it when I come home.

P.S. I'm going to put all of my(Mike) posts in green so that you'll know when I'm talking and leave Kasey's posts in black so you'll know it is her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny how each of us think of what won't be happening with Kasey gone. I have waited all day just to see a posting and yet I know I can't expect it every day. mzp