Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Hiker Friendly Towns

Another trail town. This one is pretty sweet but spread out! I am in Waynesboro and a few days early! Do not worry friends and family joining me on the trail, I am ahead of schedule right now, but the wedding is putting me right back on schedule. I am going to try to move up my greyhound departure from this town, but am not sure if it will work or not! I may just show up at the bus stop tomorrow morning and see if they will take my May 27 ticket! Waynesboro, VA is a wonderful little place full of friendly people. However, the town itself is spread out a bit and hard to get around! So, I am thinking I will make it to Ann Arbor a little earlier and play around there. We will see what happens.
So, in regards to the trail, I spent an evening by myself in a shelter while people were off for Trail Days and it renewed my sense of self! I hiked the next day and caught up with the people I was talking to outside my hotel in Pearisburg and stayed in a shelter with them. Met up with Montana for dinner in Daleville, where I attempted to find internet connection and make Ann Arbor travel arrangements. Not a Hiker Friendly town! While pushing through from Daleville to Waynesboro, I met Hardcore Hiker and she and I created an itinerary for the next few days push into Waynesboro. So, we actually ended up pushing each other into Waynesboro as we were looking forward to the pancake challenge. Both of us failed miserably, but I do know that I truly do not like pancakes. Almost 9 pancakes was enough for me, but I did get my moneys worth! Met a hiker named Mad Cow who helped push us into Waynesboro as well! He was entertaining and made the day pass by quickly! Hardcore has been a great person to hike with and would actually be someone I could probably hike the rest of the trail with if it weren't for all the other people I am looking forward to meeting up with along the trail (i.e., renee&david, millie, susan, my aunts, my husband, and my mommy).
Trail life has been grand again and I am renewed with my love of the journey! I feel more secure with myself and am looking forward to my future adventures! Take care and love to all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, finally all the people that have been on this blog more times than you can imagine, can finally see you are doing well. It will be so nice to actually sit with you and hear the stories of the entire trail. Love ya bunches and am so impressed with YOU!

mzp

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're doing well. Can't wait to get out there myself and see what it's all about. Hopefully I will get to meet some of these new friends of yours. Hope you were able to get an earlier bus. See you in a few days. Mom-in-law

Anonymous said...

Phew - we were getting a little worried about you! Glad you're doing well. We have our plane tickets booked now - details are on your voice mail and email.
We've been practicing with some short trips :) - looking forward to seeing you soon!

Take care,
Renee & David

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute...you don't like pancakes? Every Tuesday night is pancake night here and the boys are always asking for Aunt Kasey to come over. You'd better develop a taste for them before you get back! Love you lots! S, G, R, A & BK