Monday, May 23, 2005

Moving right along

It has been awhile since I've posted. That is mostly because that hasn't been any major news recently, but also because I've been lazy. I have heard from Kasey via the phone a couple of times since she hit Virginia. She has backed off her mileage a little so that she doesn't overshoot the bus stop she needs to hit for her trip back to Michigan for Dana's wedding. Many of the other thru hikers deserted the trail the other week to head down to Trail Days in Damascus. Kasey decided not to go and was left a little lonely for a few days. She had been hiking with and around a pretty solid group of friends for so long this loneliness hit her as a bit of a shock. That coupled with her slower pace and I think that she started to get bored out there. After the trip to Michigan she'll be picking up my mom who plans to hike with her for up to a couple of weeks. Completing most if not all of Shenandoah National Park. Keep looking this week as I'm hoping to get some more pictures posted to the flickr site. I'll post a notice with some samples here when they are ready. Mike

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mike for keeping us posted. It's always fun to open up the blogspot and see a new entry. I took a test walk with my backpack yesterday and it seems to work. I'm looking forward to getting out there with Kasey and seeing what it's all about. I'm sure I'm in for a few surprises - but that's part of the journey. Mom, Millie

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting Mike. I check several times a day and releived to see that she is okay. I got info from Pam about the Nevada Connection mail drop so those questions have been answered. Keep treckking Kasey...and have a wonderful time at the wedding. Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

I too have talked with Kasey and she is moving too fast for me! She is in Waynesboro already with extra days now waiting for the bus to Ann Arbor.

mzp