Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Happy Birthday!

Today is Kasey's (peeps') Birthday and to celebrate she is taking her first zero day. That is a day with zero trail miles logged. She made it to Clingman's Dome fairly early yesterday where her dad picked her up and threw her into the shower because she stinks after being on the trail so long. She is hopefully going to be spending some quality time at Dollywood today, but there may be rain in which case she'll check out "Ripley's Believe It or Not!" museum both of which are premier attractions in the entertainment capital of the Smoky Mountains, Gatlinburg, TN. Tomorrow she'll be hauled back up to Clingman's Dome and given a swift kick in the rear and told to get hiking. :)

This all means that she is now back on schedule. She was able to put in a couple of 20+ mile days to make it to where she met her dad the first time. He was supposed to hike with her to Clingman's dome, but the weight of his pack(Hint: Don't carry a 15 pound shovel) and the lack of switchbacks going straight up and down those mountains didn't agree with his legs. He hitched a ride back into town after a couple of days and then couldn't walk the next day. Hopefully we'll get a more complete story(and maybe some pictures) from him when he gets home.

If you have her phone number give her a call today and wish her a very happy birthday. This is one of the few times when the outside world will be able to contact her.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the posting re: her needing a shower and getting a swift kick. Who's letting that girl slack on her birthday? And, hey, if you do call her, don't be offended by the fact she doesn't sound like she misses any of us. I know deep, deep, DEEP down she misses us all!
"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..." --Dory, Finding Nemo
--Stevi

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday. This will be one you will always remember. We love you. Sounds like you're doing great. I better go out and get in shape for joining you in June. Sorry we got cut off on the phone. Love, the in-laws

Anonymous said...

I have had to work much to hard on your birthday. I have checked this spot religiously and been the first to comment. I must stop working so hard! I agree with Stevi. So good hearing from you and I hope to talk this evening.
Hippo Birdie Two Ewes!

mzp

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KASEY...oops, I meant "Peeps". Glad to hear things are going so well! I check the email daily and am glad to see your progression. Have a nice tall beer or two tonight for your big day and your sucess! Love, cousin erin.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!! I am so impressed (but not at all surprised) that you caught up! Hope you're having a great time!
Take care, -Renee

Anonymous said...

Hey, its the 18th and I want to hear that someone has heard from you. At least blog on! Tell us about Clingmans Dome - send us pictures. Tell us about Dollywood, did you get there? Talk to me tell me stories!!!!
After how long of not hearing from you do we send out the dogs?
Love ya
mzp

Anonymous said...

Hey, its the 18th and I want to hear that someone has heard from you. At least blog on! Tell us about Clingmans Dome - send us pictures. Tell us about Dollywood, did you get there? Talk to me tell me stories!!!!
After how long of not hearing from you do we send out the dogs?
Love ya
mzp